~~My name is Taffy and this is my story~~

Friday 25 June 2010

I need sleep

This is SWMBO and her friend Jill.  What were they thinking?  I thought they were supposed to set an example.  Now I know why she tries to make me wear antlers every Christmas.  Once, in Torquay at Christmas, poor Eddy and I had to wear a whole Santa outfit for a whole walk to the local hostelry on Christmas Day.  When we got there, I just put my head under the patio table and worked upon the assumption that if I can't see anyone, they can't see me.
I'm not liking this heat.  Every night I walk around my owners' bed panting.  If I'm awake I want everyone to be awake.  If they don't wake up immediately, I shake - thereby making a rattling sound with my name tag.  That always gets them going.  There's normally some sort of discussion about who's turn is it?  Oddly I never hear HWMBO's voice and I'm taken down and out by herself.  Sometimes I 'need out' but sometimes I just like to check the kennel and garden for Mr. Reynard the fox.  I always take my time because it's nice and cool and I know SWMBO can't shout at me in the middle of the night.  When I'm ready, I have a long drink of water and saunter back up to my bed beside their bed.  I let out a huge sigh and am asleep before you know it.  Sometimes SWMBO wakes me up with mutterings of I can't get back to sleep.  Whatever!!
I heard a rather worrying 'phone call ealier.  SWMBO called someone as I was drifting in and out of sleep pretending to be deaf but my ears pricked up when I heard her say, 'He tried to cock his leg for a wee but just fell over.'  Now, I don't know if she was talking about me or HWMBO.  But the time of 3pm was mentioned.  This can only mean pain and more tablets.  Sniff this space for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment